Daily Tip: How to create a multiplayer game via Game Center
Getting into iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad gaming and curious how to start a multiplayer online session with your friends? iOS has become a huge platform for gaming so it comes as no surprise Apple created Game Center to fill just that multiplayer need. Hit the jump to find out how to get in on the action!
Setting up Game Center
First you’ll need to create a Game Center ID if you don’t already have one. Simply register via the app. Now you’re ready to add friends. You can search for them via their e-mail address too. If you want random opponents, you can choose that option as well. Or if you’re looking for new friends, check out our TiPb Game Center ID thread in our forums.
Creating a multiplayer game
This is where some users seem to get confused. You won’t actually create a multiplayer game via Game Center. You’ll create it through the actual game app you want to challenge someone in. In Fruit Ninja, for example, one of the game modes is multiplayer. Once you select that, you can choose to play a random opponent or you can send an invite to a friend. It will load all your Game Center friends in-app. Your friend must also have the app installed.
You can see what gaming apps you and your friends have in common within Game Center. Simply choose your friend and see what games you have in common. If the game supports multiplayer, you can then proceed to the app of your choice and invite them to battle!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own youa€?d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If ita€?s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, wea€?ll even give ya a rewarda€|)
Related iPad 3 Posts
- Daily Tip: Control Apple TV, iTunes with your iPhone or iPad using Remote app
- Daily Tip: How to manage syncing multiple iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads with iTunes
- Daily Tip: How to save your application data using appbackup [jailbreak]
- Daily Tip: How to stop an app download/install in iOS 4.3
- Daily Tip: Bookmarking websites to your iPhone, iPad home screen [Beginner]
- Daily Tip: How to use the iPhone headset and mic controls
- Daily Tip: How to quickly charge your iPad 2
- Daily Tip: How to setup Gmail as Exchange to push your e-mails [Beginner]