Microsoft launches Bing for iPad… somewhat
Microsoft has released Bing for iPad in the US App Store. Based on their search knowledge engine of the same name, it aims to do more than a web app alone could achieve:
Experience search that is truly designed for the iPad. Bing for iPad is here.
Bing is a decision engine thata€?s been designed to work beautifully with your iPad. Bing for iPad brings you closer to what youa€?re looking for by delivering a visually rich, touch-enabled way to search and browse news, movies, Bing homepage images, local businesses, popular searches and much more.
Swipe through our touch enabled movie listings, news articles, trending topics, local businesses and other rich, immersive search results.
Stay current with the latest news, traffic, weather, stock quotes, movies and popular searches from the main screen.
Bing Local and Map integration to help you find the places you are looking for from directions with real-time tracking to immersive road, traffic, aerial and a€?birda€?s eyea€? views.
Follow the latest news and trending topics with beautifully iPad optimized results with rich images and magazine inspired layouts.
Tell Bing what you are searching for with voice activated search.
Wonderful touch friendly, grid view of image searches, with source site details and full page preview.
Easily navigate between Bing results and websites as Bing frames the site to make it easy to return the search or to launch a new one.
Except of course for iPad users outside the US, where Bing.com remains accessible but where, for some reason, Microsoft thinks Bing apps should not be. If anyone in the US tries it out, let us know how it works for you. If anyone outside the US knows of a good reasons it’s not available, please enlighten us!
[Free - iTunes link]
- iPhone, iPad getting cryptographic modules to better target government and enterprise?
- US and international iPad 2 online shipping estimates drop to 2-3 weeks
- US online iPad orders now shipping in 3-4 weeks, in-store supplies low
- Apple posts iOS 4.3 GM seed for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- With US iPad 2 stocks still low, should Apple be going ahead with the international roll-out?
- iPad 2 hits 25 more countries this Friday, March 25
- Daily Tip: When, where, and how can you get an iPad 2?
- TiPb Guide: Common iPhone and iPad data and wireless networking terms
- Angry Birds Rio for iPhone, iPad released!
- UPDATED: AT&T acquiring T-Mobile US, what does it mean for iPhone?