Best Buy offering to “future proof” your tech gadgets
If you purchase your iPhones or iPads from Best Buy, you may be interested in checking out their new Buy Back program. In a letter sent out to current Best Buy Reward Zone customers, they’ll be announcing the new program during the Super Bowl this coming Sunday (third quarter to be exact).
It appears Best Buy will tell you exactly how much they’ll give you for your gadget when you purchase it. When you are ready to trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (or any other gadget for that matter), you’ll get a Best Buy gift card instantly for the fixed buy back amount. It’s a nice little gesture to loyal customers. Here is part of the e-mail sent to customers:
Buy Back is essentially “future-proofing” your technology. You purchase the technology you want today, and we’ll buy it back at a set price when you’re ready to upgrade to something new. You’ll know upfront what your gear will be worth, and you can conveniently redeem your Buy Back at our stores and immediately receive a Best Buy Gift Card.
It remains to be seen how much they’ll offer you for certain gadgets. My guess is whatever it is, you’ll still make out better selling your previous generation gadgets on eBay or Craigslist. It’s still a nice option for customers who don’t want to deal with the hassle of selling off old gadgets themselves.
Is this something you guys would utilize or do you think they’ll offer amounts that won’t really be worth it?
Related iPad 3 Posts
- Best Buy promoting iPad 2 this Sunday
- UPDATED: Apple pulls Best Buya€?s iPad 2 inventory due to strange sales practices? [rumor]
- Daily Tip: When, where, and how can you get an iPad 2?
- Want to find an iPad 2 in stock? FindOne is an app for that!
- Rio Super Bowl Promo with Angry Birds secret
- Angry Birds update brings 15 new levels, Super Bowl commercial will bring special level
- iPad 3 Production Beginning in October
- iPad News: iPads cannibalizing netbooks: ChangeWave