Infinity Blade and Angry Birds on 50″ HDTV via iPad 2 HDMI video mirroring
Take an iPad 2 and HDMI adapter-enabled video mirroring and what do you get? Well in this quick test you get Infinity Blade and Angry Birds Seasons on a 50″ HDTV screen. Sure on a 1080p display apps are letter- and pillar-boxed (black bars on all four sides) to maintain pixels (no blurry/aliased extrapolations that we could see) but video outputs full screen as always so it wasn’t a huge deal. Playing iOS games at that size was.
No using iPad 2 as a big, tethered game controller probably isn’t ideal and yes, business and educational institutions will likely be far more productive with video mirroring, but boy was this fun.
Anyone else trying out their apps and games on the big screen?
- Why I’m passing on the iPad 2
- iPhone nano — with no storage?
- Just get a new iPad 2? Here’s what you need next!
- Angry Birds Rio for iPhone, iPad released!
- Angry Birds to get cross devic
- TiPb asks: What did you think of the iPad 2 event?
- TiPb Asks: What should Apple add next to Siri?
- iPad 2 Videos: ‘A Blockbuster Post-PC Device” and Smart Cover
- Apple announces 1080p HDMI out for mirrored iPad display
- Rio Super Bowl Promo with Angry Birds secret